Hell’s Kitchen Gets a 2025 Reboot — Here’s What Gordon Ramsay Is Cooking Up Next

Hell’s Kitchen is reportedly poised to make a comeback next year, over ten years after it wrapped up in Britain. Gordon Ramsay is said to be preparing to revive the cooking contest following the programme’s triumph in other countries.

Hosted by Gordon, 58, the programme launched on ITV in 2004. The inaugural series showcased celebrity participants including Amanda Barrie.

The celebrity chef subsequently departed the programme, which carried on for a further three series, including one featuring ordinary members of the public as competitors, before concluding in 2009. After leaving the British version, Gordon introduced Hell’s Kitchen stateside on Fox in 2005. He’s remained with that American edition, which wrapped its twenty-third series earlier this year, ever since.

Rumours emerged last year that Gordon was in discussions about returning with a British reboot of the programme. Reports now suggest he could resurrect Hell’s Kitchen next year, with hints that he’s anticipated to resume his role as head chef, reports the Mirror.

He’s also reportedly mulling over launching restaurants bearing the show’s title here, mirroring comparable enterprises across the Atlantic.

Gordon Ramsay in a chef's uniform in a kitchen.
-Credit:FOX Image Collection via Getty Images

An insider revealed to the Sun: “Fans of the show will be doubly thrilled by the prospect of the competition coming back and being able to dine in a Hell’s Kitchen restaurant over here. Business-savvy Gordon has watched as the popularity of Hell’s Kitchen in the US has helped bring in thousands of customers to his restaurants.”

The source described it as a “clever strategy”. They said: “The programme is broadcast in more than 100 countries around the world, so between tourists visiting Britain and developing a whole new audience for the telly contest in the UK, it’s an incredibly smart move on his part.”

On January 27 this year, Gordon secured a trademark for the Hell’s Kitchen brand in the UK, enabling its use in restaurants as well as for entertainment purposes and audio-visual recordings. The trademark was registered on April 18, and is due for renewal on January 27, 2035.

This indicates they could launch venues immediately following the show’s ITV revival. The move would mirror his previous establishment of a US chain using the Hell’s Kitchen branding alongside the programme’s American success. Gordon launched his inaugural restaurant, situated in Las Vegas, back in 2018.

This venue, billed as the globe’s first Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen establishment, sits opposite Caesars Palace. The restaurant accommodates over 300 diners.

According to its website, the venue – featuring red and blue kitchens that mirror the team divisions from Hell’s Kitchen – takes “inspiration” from the television programme. It pledges that “guests will feel like they are on the studio set”.

Gordon has subsequently opened multiple Hell’s Kitchen establishments throughout the US. Additional sites can be found in Atlantic City, Miami and Washington D.C. In a note on the chain’s website, Gordon Ramsay hinted at the nostalgic appeal of his restaurants.

He stated: “There is a lot of nostalgia behind this concept of Hell’s Kitchen.

“The restaurant on set is exactly the same as the one we have built here, from the (colours of the) red and blue teams to the banquets to the chef tables. And then there is the food – everyone is desperate to eat those scallops!”.

Rate this post